Sunday, June 17, 2007

Blue Bananas

The Mentor class definately helped me to find what I should be doing. Although, it was not what I planned for, I wound up doing a book dummy Fall '06 semester. Janet Pederson wound up saving the day and working with me on a project. I wish I could have been in contact with her more, which was my fault, not hers, because I found that it was too difficulty to send her all the pages as I got them done. The project, I believe, was successful, but due to some illustrators I contacted letting me down last minute, the time restrictions I had became almost unbearable. It was a great experence, staying up late, getting up early, setting goals on how many pages needed to be done by which day. Ofcourse I finished, because I will never miss a deadline, but it was definatelt a stretch at certain points.

I fell in love with the characters I designed, Bobby and Katie, so I decided to continue the project past the book dummy, and did a finish fall '06, and two more Spring '07. I am now working on a 4th full color finish, and I hope to do all spreads in full color eventually.

The story is about a child who, from drawing BLUE BANANAS has made his marker run out. Its cute, and short, and was perfect for my purposes.

No comments: